Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Takes a critical role in operating & maintaining infrastructure systems for new greenfield facility currently under construction with startup date in 2022.
• Operate, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair utility systems including ammonia refrigeration, HVAC, steam, water, chiller, and compressed air systems.
• Support the operations, monitoring, and maintenance of the Wastewater Treatment Plant as needed.
• Assists with the implementation of new equipment, technologies, and practices to improve infrastructure reliability, sustainability, and to reduce operational costs.
• Supports continuous improvement and 5S projects for the central utility and wastewater treatment buildings.
• Assures highest level of safety and compliance with safety and environmental requirements of ammonia refrigeration systems.
• Works with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to capture preventative maintenance tasks, work orders, and work requests.
• Navigates and operate building management systems (BMS) to maintain and monitor plant utility systems.
• Supports safety initiatives and behavioral based safety observation program.
• Assures that outside service providers comply with plant GMP and safety programs.
• Performs peer-to-peer training with utility systems in a hands-on manner.
• Follows established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Must have a minimum 3 years of combined manufacturing/maintenance/technician experience. • 3+ years of ammonia refrigeration, boiler, compressed air, and water system operations, troubleshooting and emergency protocol experience. • Industrial wastewater experience desired. • Experience in food/beverage or other FDA/USDA regulated environment is desired. • Experienced with CMMS and BMS systems.
• Certifications in areas of responsibility highly desired: (ammonia, HVAC, boiler). • Ability to read P&IDs, general layout drawings, block flow diagrams, equipment parts lists & other technical documentation. • Ability to perform basic computer skills. • Excellent communication skills. • Passes all required drug screening, criminal background check, and has reliable transportation. • Willing to travel for periodic technical training.
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.