Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
• Disassembles, cleans, sanitizes, and reassembles machine parts, equipment, and other areas.
• Works with QA department on Pre-Op inspections.
• Assist in driving training initiatives of sanitation procedures to production.
• Removes waste and Debris
• Responsible for assisting in weekly environmental program and master sanitation program
• Assists with startup, and shutdown of machinery and production line equipment.
• Follows all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and SSOPs.
• Assures food safety standards with regards to GMPs and HACCP plan are being followed by self and fellow employees.
• Manually lifts and transports unfinished product during production process.
• Required to work in a cold and wet environment w/temperatures of (approximately 40° F) and follow safety procedures with lock out tag out and exposure to hot equipment and cleaning chemicals.
• Ability to read and follow procedures and accurately completes paperwork related to sanitation activities.
• Required to work a 12-hr. shifts on a rotating 7-day schedule.
• Ability to lift 50lbs or more, in addition to standing, walking, bending, and stooping throughout the 12-hr. shift schedule.
• Follows established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1-year manufacturing experience preferred • Food manufacturing sanitation experience preferred • Ability to read, write and speak English required
• High school diploma or GED required
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability. • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.