Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
• Conduct hourly production line audits to evaluate compliance to product standards, food safety standards and regulatory requirements. Document audit data.
• Perform routine product tests during audits including: temperature, pH, oxygen, CEM moisture, net weight, particle size, vacuum, and packaging integrity to determine conformance to standards.
• Be familiar with Freshpet HACCP programs for all products. Conduct and/or verify required HACCP food safety tests.
• Perform product organoleptic evaluations on all pet food batches produced for conformance to standards. Document test results.
• Work with operations to evaluate nonconformance occurrences and implement corrective action. Document data on Corrective Action Log.
• Isolate and place nonconforming products or ingredients on hold and document hold by entering data on Hold Log and circulating information to Operations and Quality Management.
• Inspect incoming ingredients for conformance to ingredient specifications, collect representative samples for testing and document audit data.
• Collect routine product, ingredient or water samples for microbiological or chemical testing, shelf life evaluations or to use as retention samples.
• Conduct Vacuum Tank Packaging tests on Roasted Meals, Vital Complete Meals and Single Serve products to evaluate packaging and seal integrity.
• Test diluted sanitizers and foot bath solutions to verify concentration. Record data
• Audit sanitation and perform ATP hygiene tests on food contact surfaces and equipment to determine sanitation effectiveness. Document swab data.
• Take swab and sponge samples from established locations to evaluate plant Micro conditions. Record data.
• Test cooling water for sanitary conditions and add biocides as need to control water quality. Record test data and chemical addition levels.
• Monitor plant TPR tests and collect required samples for testing.
• Provide technical support to Shift Supervisors and Line Leaders.
• Assumes additional related responsibilities as necessary.
• Any trained or qualified individual will serve as back up to this position.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in Food Safety/Quality Systems, preferably in food or pet food. • Capable of performing and understanding mathematic calculations. Understanding of ratios, percentages, and fractions. • Basic understanding of Biology and/or Chemistry and associated technical terms. • Basic computer skills to read and write emails and enter data on spreadsheets. • Basic understanding of food Good Manufacturing Practices • Capable of following instructions and conducting routine Quality Assurance tests. • Good interpersonal and communication skills • Sound ethics
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. • Associate Degree in Science Area preferred.
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability. • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.