Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
The responsibilities of the Production Supervisor will include:
• Responsible for the leadership and safety of production team members.
• Facilitate the daily/weekly production of all products ensuring all are produced efficiently, timely and in accordance to Freshpet quality standards.
• Manages and directs daily production goals in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner and all industry and regulatory standards are being met.
• Review production records for accuracy and ensure all records are maintained properly.
• Ensure the sanitation, housekeeping and overall cleanliness of the facility is in compliance with quality standards.
• Responsible for OSHA and environmental regulation compliance for Operations as well as factory GMPs, food safety and sanitation.
• Analyzing labor efficiencies and labor allocations to meet demand; scheduling vacations/time off; managing overtime hours; manage time keeping system.
• Develop and motivate direct reports to improve the efficiency of their current duties and have clearly identified goals.
• Conduct/document regular communication, production and safety meetings to keep team members informed; encourage team member feedback/ideas.
• Address team member issues and deliver corrective action to include behavior, safety, quality, GMP, sanitation, work standards and time infractions. Partner with HR department for direction and guidance as necessary.
• Lead/Assist in team member orientation and training
• Maintain current thorough knowledge of the factory and its systems.
• Must participate as an active team player and motivated individual.
• Continuous improvement processes and work conditions.
• Perform other duties as required
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; preferable in a food manufacturing facility. • Strong analytical, written/verbal communications, interpersonal skills and the ability to work well across all levels of the organization. • Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; especially excel • Knowledge of time and attendance systems • Familiarity with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques • Experience implementing SQF programs preferred • Strong understanding of the sanitation process in a food manufacturing facility
• Bachelor degree strongly preferred • High school diploma or equivalent is required
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.