Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
The Procurement Buyer/Planner has the primary responsibility of ensuring material availability to support the production schedule. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, supporting material/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required.
• Place purchase orders with suppliers for the procurement of production material as required by forecast and the production schedule.
• Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems
• Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes
• Determine and establish optimal inventory levels based on forecast, demand variation and material lead times
• Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolescence, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development
• Manage the inter-company flow of materials between warehouse locations
• Manage and resolve issues regarding PO to invoice discrepancies, returns and quality problems with suppliers
• Provide back-up support for supply chain functions including shipping, receiving, material handling and other duties as assigned
• Setup & maintain material master system planning parameters (MOQ, lead time, safety stocks)
• Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options
• Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures
• 8-10 years of experience in a buyer/planner/material scheduler role working for a direct manufacturer (required) • Expert applied knowledge of forecasting, MRP, transportation, supply chain, inventory management and warehousing disciplines • Proficient with MS Office suite – advanced skills with MS Excel • Strong sense of urgency & attention to detail • Excellent organization, communication and follow-up skills • Able to influence others & manage conflict • Ability to self-direct and take constructive action in ambiguous situations • Extremely high standards of excellence • Analytical with a methodical approach to problem solving • Experience establishing and employing demand-pull material planning methods
• BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics (required)
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.