Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
Who We Are
At Freshpet, our goal is to change the way people nourish their pets forever. We strive to strengthen the bond between people and our pets so that we both live longer, healthier, and happier lives while being kind to the planet. We believe that if we can create fresh, real foods that pets love and help them live healthier lives that their pet parents will also enjoy the many benefits of a rich life shared with a pet.
We started off with a mission to change the way pet parents feed dogs and cats, but we also wanted to be a company that had a thoughtful approach to how we operate. We wanted to do things differently, make great products but be gentle to the planet, good to the people who touch our business, and leave a positive impact with everything we do. We work hard every day to ensure that the original vision is met, starting with making the highest quality foods in our kitchens to running our business with integrity, transparency, and social and environmental responsibility. IT’S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU START COMPLETELY FRESH!
What You Will Do
Serving as the leader of Freshpet’s enterprise systems, the successful candidate will oversee the company’s exceptional applications group and its partnerships responsible for our mission critical systems. Reporting directly to the C.I.O., the successful candidate will be an exceptional team leader, collaborator with various stakeholders throughout the organization, and serve as key liaison between Freshpet’s I.T. organization and its technology partners. This includes Freshpet’s ERP, CRM, corporate systems, and supporting technologies enabling Freshpet’s business.
The successful candidate will bring proven experience both managing and growing technology teams, overseeing partner engagement, and aligning plans to meet the organization’s strategic vision. The successful candidate will also be hands-on serving as a functional subject matter expert for technologies represented in its application portfolio to drive continual technology architecture-related changes.
This position will be based at Ennis TX or Bethlehem PA offices with an estimated (up to once per month depending on need, but less frequent on average) travel between Freshpet sites.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Provide leadership, guidance and growth opportunities of the Business Systems and CRM groups within the overall Freshpet I.T. organization
- Develop strategic product roadmaps for product designs, developments, and implementation in line with Freshpet’s overall vision
- Accountable for the day to day operation of all key systems, coordinated system audits with internal controls
- Lead and conduct Fit/Gap analysis for key projects to achieve both short-term solution delivery and continued growth of the organization’s enterprise platforms
- Advise the business and key stakeholders on complex business cases and propose comprehensive solutions based on CRM and/or ERP platforms
- Formulate detailed design documents and partner with internal development teams to deploy, test and implement various solutions
- Identify creative workarounds to meet complex requirements without overly developing systems
- Support the organization’s IT-related processes that are in-line with organizational strategy and goals
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field and 10 overall years in the technology field
- 5+ years experience managing teams and partnerships
- 10-15 years’ experience with Microsoft D365 and Power Platform (additional 365 platforms supporting these technologies is a plus)
- Strong understanding (10+ years) of end-to-end order to fulfillment process including order capture and warehouse management
- 5+ years of professional solution architecture and/or a similar functional role (most preferably within in a global organization)
- At least 5 multi-phase, global, enterprise-wide implementations with focus on formal functional design processes and design to deploy cycles.
- Ability to work independently within a globally dispersed team consisting of partners, internal technical teams and end-users
- Very strong communication skills and able to effectively work with a multitude of users across departments/regions
- Strong analytical skills and generally an independent problem solver
- Strong organizational skills and able to self-prioritize issues
What We Offer
At Freshpet, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short- and long-term disability protection, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with company match, paid parental leave, pet insurance, tuition assistance, a generous PTO plan and so much more!
Our Commitment to a Diverse Workforce:
At Freshpet, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, sex, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Freshpet aims to foster, cultivate and preserve a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are our most valuable assets. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. Freshpet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Freshpet is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Freshpet via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Freshpet. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Freshpet as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Generous annual PTO
- 10 company paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance
- Company paid Short/Long term disability
- Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance
- Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability
- Annual Increase
- Referral bonus
- Generous bonus program
- Restricted Stock Units
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Safety Boot program
- Free Gym Membership
- 401K – with up to 4% company match
- Flexible Spending account
- Pet insurance
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.