Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Operates a variety of equipment/machinery associated with the wastewater treatment facility including but not limited to a FOG Buster, DAF’s, UF Skids, Dewatering Skids, MMBR, lab equipment, etc.
- Perform periodical checks and basic preventative and corrective maintenance tasks on equipment.
- Conducts routine testing and monitoring of wastewater processes and laboratory analyses.
- Performs and documents treatment process of WWTP facility equipment and chemicals through a WWTP computer-based management system.
- Assists with the implementation of new equipment, technologies, and practices to improve infrastructure reliability, sustainability, and to reduce operational costs.
- Supports continuous improvement and 5S projects for the WWTP.
- Assures highest level of safety and compliance with safety and environmental requirements.
- Works with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to capture preventative maintenance tasks, work orders, and work requests.
- Supports safety initiatives and behavioral based safety observation program.
- Assures that outside service providers comply with site safety programs.
- Performs peer-to-peer training with WWTP systems in a hands-on manner.
- Follows established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Handbook.
Work Experience Requirements
- Industrial wastewater experience desired.
- Experience in food/beverage or other FDA/USDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Experienced with CMMS and BMS systems preferred.
Education and Other Requirements
- Certifications in areas of responsibility highly preferred: Waste/Wastewater Operator’s License specific to state and site requirement.
- Ability to read general layout drawings, equipment parts lists & other technical documentation.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills.
• Generous annual PTO • 10 company paid holidays • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • Annual Increase • Referral bonus • Generous bonus program • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement • Maternity and Paternity leave • Safety Boot program • Free Gym Membership • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Pet insurance
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.