Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
Who We Are
At Freshpet, our goal is to change the way people nourish their pets forever. We strive to strengthen the bond between people and our pets so that we both live longer, healthier, and happier lives while being kind to the planet. We believe that if we can create fresh, real foods that pets love and help them live healthier lives, that their pet parents will also enjoy the many benefits of a rich life shared with a pet.
We started off with a mission to change the way pet parents feed dogs and cats, but we also wanted to be a company that had a thoughtful approach to how we operate. We wanted to do things differently, make great products but be gentle to the planet, good to the people who touch our business, and leave a positive impact with everything we do. We work hard every day to ensure that the original vision is met, starting with making the highest quality foods in our kitchens to running our business with integrity, transparency, and social and environmental responsibility. IT’S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU START COMPLETELY FRESH!
What You Will Do
The Manufacturing Process Engineer supports Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering teams at manufacturing sites to assure the highest level of safety, quality, consistency, and productivity in Freshpet processes and products. The Manufacturing Process Engineer partners with multidisciplinary teams and works collaboratively with employees at all levels to continuously improve performance and to and develop processes. This individual is a lead technical resource to 24/7 manufacturing operations.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Leading troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts to identify root causes and to implement effective corrective actions.
- Identifying and realizing opportunities to improve equipment efficiencies and to reduce waste and production cost
- Supporting quality and safety initiatives and participating in behavioral based safety observation programs
- Starting-up new or modified processes and fully developing operational guidelines and standard operating procedures to achieve targeted goals
- Identifying and evaluating new equipment types, designs, and configurations
- Reinforcing best practices in safety behaviors and food safety principles while meeting productivity, cost, and quality objectives
- Managing multiple projects and delivering updates and results on a timely basis
- Working with equipment designers and manufacturers to develop improved process capabilities, line efficiencies and product quality
- Analyzing and evaluating process data and trends to identify opportunities for improvement. Presenting data driven options for creative solutions
- Collaborating with other professionals such as scientists, R&D managers, and other engineers on product development project and new product initiatives
- Assisting incident investigations and advising on corrective actions
- Availability on nights, weekends, and holidays to manage project work and to respond to emergencies
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Field (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering) or equivalent relevant work experience
- 3+ years’ engineering experience in a food manufacturing environment. Experience in meat protein, vegetable protein, or ready-to-eat food manufacturing is preferred
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to analyze data and use problem solving techniques to resolve issues and implement change
- Ability to manage multiple process improvement projects and to adapt priorities in dynamic manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to schedule resources effectively so continuous improvement is not sacrificed for day-to- day results
- Knowledge and experience with automated primary packaging, case packing and palletizing systems
- Familiar with GMPs, quality attributes, critical control points, GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) requirements and audits
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel, AutoCAD, or Visio
What We Offer
At Freshpet, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including:
- Fully stocked breakroom with all food free to employees
- Free Freshpet food
- Yearly free gym membership
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic and optional life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability protection
- Flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Generous PTO plan and so much more!
Our Commitment to a Diverse Workforce:
At Freshpet, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, sex, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Freshpet aims to foster, cultivate, and preserve a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees are our most valuable assets. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. Freshpet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Freshpet is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Freshpet via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Freshpet. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Freshpet as a result of the referral or through other means.
• Generous annual PTO • 10 company paid holidays • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • Annual Increase • Referral bonus • Generous bonus program • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement • Maternity and Paternity leave • Safety Boot program • Free Gym Membership • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Pet insurance
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.