Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
Who We Are
At Freshpet, our goal is to change the way people nourish their pets forever. We strive to strengthen the bond between people and our pets so that we both live longer, healthier, and happier lives while being kind to the planet. We believe that if we can create fresh, real foods that pets love and help them live healthier lives, that their pet parents will also enjoy the many benefits of a rich life shared with a pet.
We started off with a mission to change the way pet parents feed dogs and cats, but we also wanted to be a company that had a thoughtful approach to how we operate. We wanted to do things differently, make great products but be gentle to the planet, good to the people who touch our business, and leave a positive impact with everything we do. We work hard every day to ensure that the original vision is met, starting with making the highest quality foods in our kitchens to running our business with integrity, transparency, and social and environmental responsibility. IT’S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU START COMPLETELY FRESH!
What You Will Do
You are a hands-on, results-driven, entrepreneurial, creative innovative leader with experience in the food and beverage space, preferably with refrigerated RTE products. You have a passion for process improvement and a track record of success. You are comfortable working across the organization at all levels to contribute to overall team success.
How You Will Make an Impact
As the Process Development Engineer, you will be focused on existing processes, operational standards and new process designs with a focus on existing and new technology and equipment. You will drive innovation and improvement to bring a positive impact on delighting our consumers (pets and pet parents) to a greater level and further enhancing our competitive position in the market.
The PD Engineer will provide enhancements to our overall process through:
- Responsible for the participating in and supporting the Freshpet Safety Culture
- Explore, develop and implement new process technology, software (including AI) and instrumentation to drive or facilitate a better customer experience and lower cost
- Leverage data and on floor observation related to the current process to identify opportunities and measure success
- Work across the organization at all levels to better develop and gain buy in for new processes and practices
- Develop strong working relationships with external partners
- Be a visible example of world class food facility GMPS and sanitation
- Provide hands on support for trial runs associated with new processes and technology
- Work with R&D, Operations and Regulatory to ensure new ideas are aligned with Freshpet values and vision
- Use of statistics and Lean tools in the identification of opportunities for improvement
- Provide active advice and support for training enhancements associated with new processes and technology
- Available to travel to other Freshpet sites and partner facilities
- Ability to work all shifts (nights) and days (weekends) of week as required
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Perform other duties as required
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred or 8+ years of relevant engineering experience supporting manufacturing processes/equipment/technology; firm grasp of the fundamentals of process engineering
- Minimum 4 years engineering experience in a process development or manufacturing environment; preferable in a food manufacturing facility
- Exposure to sanitation process in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility
- Knowledge and understanding of the importance of LOTO, SDS’s, GMP’s, HAACP, CCP’s
- Creative problem solving
- Strong analytical skills, understands value of data/information
- Demonstrated ability to lead a structured problem-solving effort
- Knowledge of best hygienic and GMP practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity
- Holds self and others accountable
- A positive, hands-on doer; leads by example
- An ego-less consensus builder. Thick skinned, strong willed, and tenacious, but not overbearing or divisive; ability to push back diplomatically yet firmly or hold onto and defend positions
- A passion for Freshpet’s values and mission
- Passion for team success
What We Offer
At Freshpet, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short- and long-term disability protection, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with company match, paid parental leave, pet insurance, tuition assistance, a generous PTO plan and so much more!
Our Commitment to a Diverse Workforce:
At Freshpet, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, sex, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Freshpet aims to foster, cultivate and preserve a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are our most valuable assets. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. Freshpet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Freshpet is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Freshpet via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Freshpet. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Freshpet as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Generous annual PTO
- 10 company paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance
- Company paid Short/Long term disability
- Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance
- Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability
- Annual Increase
- Referral bonus
- Generous bonus program
- Restricted Stock Units
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Safety Boot program
- Free Gym Membership
- 401K – with up to 4% company match
- Flexible Spending account
- Pet insurance
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.