Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
Who We Are
At Freshpet, our goal is to change the way people nourish their pets forever. We strive to strengthen the bond between people and our pets so that we both live longer, healthier, and happier lives while being kind to the planet. We believe that if we can create fresh, real foods that pets love and help them live healthier lives, that their pet parents will also enjoy the many benefits of a rich life shared with a pet.
We started off with a mission to change the way pet parents feed dogs and cats, but we also wanted to be a company that had a thoughtful approach to how we operate. We wanted to do things differently, make great products but be gentle to the planet, good to the people who touch our business, and leave a positive impact with everything we do. We work hard every day to ensure that the original vision is met, starting with making the highest quality foods in our kitchens to running our business with integrity, transparency, and social and environmental responsibility. IT’S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU START COMPLETELY FRESH!
What You Will Do
The maintenance technician is responsible for the upkeep of the Production facility. The primary responsibility of this role is preventative maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standards. The maintenance technician will support the production, quality, cost and safety goals of the manufacturing operation and plant facilities.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Performs a wide variety of maintenance repairs and services. Troubleshoots breakdowns of machinery and production line. Setup and disassemble machines as needed
- Perform daily plant maintenance, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and all other related functions on various industrial equipment and PLC
- Perform changeovers, installation of motors, belts, drives, and other mechanical systems
- Responsible for the timely completion of all work orders as assigned. Coordinates special projects as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Set-up and adjust machines to ensure proper operation
- Read, understand and interpret blueprints and CAD drawings
- Maintain records pertinent to equipment performance, necessary repairs and downtime via PM’s, SAP work requests, utilizing PC based systems
- Assures food safety standards with regards to GMPs and HACCP plan are being followed by self and fellow employees
- Report food safety & quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Follows all relevant SOPs and corrective action procedures. Notifies supervisor of process deviations
- Assists in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors
- Monitors and maintains all building systems as assigned. Assist with building and grounds maintenance
- Maintain efficient function of the boiler and water softener; add chemicals or salt as needed
- Responsible for alerting the Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that has taken place, or that may occur
- Works within established expense limits
- Responds to handheld radio calls for maintenance problems around the plan
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner with all visitors, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees
What You Will Bring
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate degree in science area preferred
- Minimum of 2 years working in an industrial environment in related capacity required
- Broad understanding of industrial electrical, 24V – 480V, 3 phase, mechanical, and building systems
- Experience with PLCs, ladder logic, and troubleshooting control systems
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and pumping systems
- Experience in welding and metal fabrication
- Ability to clearly communicate in English (both verbal and written) required
- Good understanding of computer program functionality
- Knowledge of food safety and good manufacturing practices (GMPs)
What We Offer
At Freshpet, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short- and long-term disability protection, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with company match, paid parental leave, pet insurance, tuition assistance, a generous PTO plan and so much more!
At Freshpet, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, sex, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Freshpet aims to foster, cultivate, and preserve a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees are our most valuable assets. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. Freshpet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Freshpet is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Freshpet via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Freshpet. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Freshpet as a result of the referral or through other means.
• Generous annual PTO • 10 company paid holidays • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • Annual Increase • Referral bonus • Generous bonus program • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement • Maternity and Paternity leave • Safety Boot program • Free Gym Membership • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Pet insurance
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.