Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
Who We Are
At Freshpet, our goal is to change the way people nourish their pets forever. We strive to strengthen the bond between people and our pets so that we both live longer, healthier, and happier lives while being kind to the planet. We believe that if we can create fresh, real foods that pets love and help them live healthier lives that their pet parents will also enjoy the many benefits of a rich life shared with a pet.
We started off with a mission to change the way pet parents feed dogs and cats, but we also wanted to be a company that had a thoughtful approach to how we operate. We wanted to do things differently, make great products but be gentle to the planet, good to the people who touch our business, and leave a positive impact with everything we do. We work hard every day to ensure that the original vision is met, starting with making the highest quality foods in our kitchens to running our business with integrity, transparency, and social and environmental responsibility. IT’S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU START COMPLETELY FRESH!
What You Will Do
Freshpet is looking for an experienced Senior Human Resources leader to oversee our Manufacturing and Supply Chain Human Resources Organization. This outstanding leader will be responsible for driving key HR initiatives across all our Manufacturing Facilities and Supply Chain Teams as assigned. This role will report directly to the SVP of Human Resources with a dotted reporting line to the Vice President of Manufacturing.
How You Will Make an Impact
Partner closely with the VP Manufacturing to ensure that the Manufacturing priorities are reflected in the HR operational plans. The Director will play a key role in shaping the strategy with the Manufacturing leaders and provide counsel to the executive team on market-place dynamics that may impact the Freshpet Operational plans.
This role is accountable to the Manufacturing & Supply Chain Leadership on all matters relating to staffing, retention, compensation reviews, workforce planning and employee development, including the active support of the Freshpet Academy.
The role is strategic in nature, and the Director will be responsible for providing a business perspective and articulation of the core business needs to the HR Functional Heads (Total Rewards, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition; Talent Management and Learning & Development).
In this role, the Director will participate in the ideation and organization of employee initiatives that impact culture, such as DEI, Org Design, Engagement surveys; ESG Initiatives and Incentive programs
The Director will employ a budget-conscious mindset and apply creative solutions to ensure cost-effectiveness across all HR activities.
They will instill a client service mindset in all HR activities with a business-focused approach – actively supporting managers and business leaders in determining capability gaps and developing effective talent plans to address these risks.
They will develop, monitor and leverage key performance indicators to drive business improvement; focus on manufacturing & supply chain and KPI opportunities.
The Director will monitor all legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the business. These include OSHA, EEO, ERISA, Wage and Hour issues, etc.
They will lead a team of Manufacturing HR Business Partners and Generalists in delivering a best-in-class HR Business model.
What You Will Bring
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field preferred or 10+ years of relevant HR experience supporting manufacturing and supply chain operations; firm grasp of the fundamentals of Human Resources Management
- At least 5-8 years of senior HR leadership experience
- CPG experience is essential
- Experience operating in a High Growth Environment advantageous
- Experience in a management capacity overseeing multi-site operational facilities would be a critical advantage
- Demonstrated employee relations experience as well as positive associate relations in a non-union environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop, analyze and interpret data, driving thoughtful recommendations and action
- Demonstrated organizational development experience – aligning structure, people, process and reward systems with business strategy and managing transformational change
- Demonstrated ability to hire, inspire, lead and develop talent
Key Valued-based Competencies:
- Growth Mindset – proven ability to build foundational processes across an expanding organization.
- Innovative and Entrepreneurial - Must demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in building and executing new HR processes.
- Operates from Truth - Able to lead broad organizational changes with a deep appreciation of the impact to organizational culture.
- Passion and Tenacity – Possesses a high bias for action and large capacity to get high volumes of work done quickly.
- Makes Sure Everyone Wins – Able to build a strong team and inspire others.
- Does the Right things - Demonstrates good judgement and leads people related processes with a strong moral compass
What We Offer
At Freshpet, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short- and long-term disability protection, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with company match, paid parental leave, pet insurance, tuition assistance, a generous PTO plan and so much more!
Our Commitment to a Diverse Workforce:
At Freshpet, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, sex, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Freshpet aims to foster, cultivate and preserve a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are our most valuable assets. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. Freshpet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Freshpet is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Freshpet via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Freshpet. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Freshpet as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Generous annual PTO
- 10 company paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance
- Company paid Short/Long term disability
- Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance
- Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability
- Annual Increase
- Referral bonus
- Generous bonus program
- Restricted Stock Units
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Safety Boot program
- Free Gym Membership
- 401K – with up to 4% company match
- Flexible Spending account
- Pet insurance
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.