Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
Who We Are
At Freshpet, our goal is to change the way people nourish their pets forever. We strive to strengthen the bond between people and our pets so that we both live longer, healthier, and happier lives while being kind to the planet. We believe that if we can create fresh, real foods that pets love and help them live healthier lives that their pet parents will also enjoy the many benefits of a rich life shared with a pet.
We started off with a mission to change the way pet parents feed dogs and cats, but we also wanted to be a company that had a thoughtful approach to how we operate. We wanted to do things differently, make great products but be gentle to the planet, good to the people who touch our business, and leave a positive impact with everything we do. We work hard every day to ensure that the original vision is met, starting with making the highest quality foods in our kitchens to running our business with integrity, transparency, and social and environmental responsibility. IT’S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU START COMPLETELY FRESH!
What You Will Do
As a Controls Technician, you will be responsible for performing a variety of technical duties relating to the electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, and control functions of the Freshpet systems and equipment.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Experience with Rockwell (Allen Bradley) control logic systems and robotic systems is required
- Ability to perform preventative and routine maintenance, changeovers, and installation of motors, belts, drives, and other industrial and mechanical systems. Set-up and adjust machines to ensure proper operation
- Ability to read, understand and update electrical and control drawings
- Provides technical support of controls systems for a 24/7 manufacturing operation including hands-on assistance and troubleshooting
- Diagnoses electrical wiring, relay logic, safety circuits, electronic boards, PLC's, HMIs, VFDs, and motors
- Works closely with the Maintenance, Engineering, and Operations personnel to address plant issues and to incorporate new equipment, capabilities, and controls into the plant operation
- Work with Engineering, and Controls on improvement projects, and standardization
- Provides technical guidance and training to enhance troubleshooting skills and controls expertise of Maintenance technicians
- Supports safety initiatives and behavioral based safety observation program.
- Works across departments to develop a culture of root cause problem identification and solution while encouraging a high level of cross functional communication
- Support operational performance improvement efforts to reduce costs, improve efficiency, reliability and quality which may require working some weekends and holidays
- Ensures the highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation, and regulatory compliance with NEC and other codes and standards
What You Will Bring
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Technical college degree or vocational training in PLC/Electrical technology is preferred
- 5 plus years of demonstrated experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of motor controls circuits
- Hands-on experience calibrating/setting up instrumentation, flowmeters, level sensors, etc.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and electrical diagrams
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of integrity and honesty
Ability to clearly communicate in English (both verbal and written)
What We Offer
At Freshpet, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short- and long-term disability protection, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with company match, paid parental leave, pet insurance, tuition assistance, a generous PTO plan and so much more!
Our Commitment to a Diverse Workforce:
At Freshpet, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, sex, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.Freshpet aims to foster, cultivate and preserve a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are our most valuable assets. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. Freshpet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Freshpet is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Freshpet via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Freshpet. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Freshpet as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Generous annual PTO
- 10 company paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance
- Company paid Short/Long term disability
- Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance
- Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability
- Annual Increase
- Referral bonus
- Generous bonus program
- Restricted Stock Units
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Safety Boot program
- Free Gym Membership
- 401K – with up to 4% company match
- Flexible Spending account
- Pet insurance
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.