Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
Who We Are
At Freshpet, our goal is to change the way people nourish their pets forever. We strive to strengthen the bond between people and our pets so that we both live longer, healthier, and happier lives while being kind to the planet. We believe that if we can create fresh, real foods that pets love and help them live healthier lives that their pet parents will also enjoy the many benefits of a rich life shared with a pet.
We started off with a mission to change the way pet parents feed dogs and cats, but we also wanted to be a company that had a thoughtful approach to how we operate. We wanted to do things differently, make great products but be gentle to the planet, good to the people who touch our business, and leave a positive impact with everything we do. We work hard every day to ensure that the original vision is met, starting with making the highest quality foods in our kitchens to running our business with integrity, transparency, and social and environmental responsibility. IT’S AMAZING WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN YOU START COMPLETELY FRESH!
What You Will Do
As the BI Analyst, you will support and work with Freshpet leadership teams to develop functional requirements, design reports, implement dashboards, and support the data engineering team for the Microsoft Power BI platform. You will successfully evangelize business intelligence throughout the organization to align with and support data visualization and analytics solutions that involve web, reporting and dashboarding.
How You Will Make an Impact
- Collaborate with both executive leaders and management teams to define reporting metrics, dashboards and KPI’s heavily driven by business goals, mid-term plans, and reporting against long-range goals
- Consolidate requirements from multiple departments to define standard reporting measures and definitions to enforce organization-wide reporting consistency
- Define standard templates and reusable components for reports and dashboards, collaborating with data architects and leadership to create and maintain a data catalog
- Transform raw data into actionable information to facilitate informed decision-making for stakeholders across sales, manufacturing, logistics, supply chain (forecasting) and finance
- Learning and understanding the application, and use of, Microsoft D365 at the manufacturing floor level
- Learning the theory and application of D365 processes as it applies to integration of the manufacturing execution systems (MES) or RF Smart
- Assist in building and supporting learning models, including providing written guidance and implementation plans. Conduct demonstrations and provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed
- Utilize automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
- Identify and resolve coding errors, remove corrupted data, and address related problems
- Perform data analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data
- Review reports and performance indicators to filter data and identify and correct code problems
- Development and Maintenance dashboards associated with PowerBI/MES Systems
- Learn the theory of operation for both roasted meals and rolls for better data interpretation/understanding
- Contribution and Chartered membership of the Focused Improvement Pillar
- Develop Standard dashboards within the Daily Management Systems
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Data Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred or combination of education and relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience in developing and administering Microsoft Power BI solutions
- Experience in the manufacturing field preferred
- Proficiency in preparing reports for management that highlight trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data
- Experience using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets for diagnosis and prediction purposes
- Familiarity with business functions to assess and compare business performance over time
- Knowledge of consumer goods industry, information architecture, user experience, and ISAE compliance
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing customized reports, dashboards, and scorecards using Power BI/MES Systems
What We Offer
At Freshpet, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, basic and optional life insurance, short- and long-term disability protection, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k) plan with company match, paid parental leave, pet insurance, tuition assistance, a generous PTO plan and so much more!
Our Commitment to a Diverse Workforce:
At Freshpet, we embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, sex, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Freshpet aims to foster, cultivate and preserve a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are our most valuable assets. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well. Freshpet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Freshpet is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Freshpet via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Freshpet. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Freshpet as a result of the referral or through other means.
• Generous annual PTO • 10 company paid holidays • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • Annual Increase • Referral bonus • Generous bonus program • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement • Maternity and Paternity leave • Safety Boot program • Free Gym Membership • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Pet insurance
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.