Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
The responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor will include:
1. Schedules and supervises the work as arranged through the Maintenance Planner to maintain equipment to meet production requirements.
2. Oversees the work performed by maintenance crews and outside contractors as required for each job to ensure completion in a timely and quality manner.
3. Manages any urgent or breakdown jobs as required to keep equipment running and minimize downtime.
4. Provides development of direct reports and motivates staff resulting in a reliable and competent work force. Provides technical assistance to maintenance personnel toward expedient problem resolution.
5. Execution of these specific duties will be achieved through the following:
6. Schedule, assign, plan and monitor the work of maintenance shop personnel
7. Coordinates with the Maintenance Planner by communicating anticipated jobs and provides input when stores stocks need to be increased or altered, for upcoming jobs to maintain maintenance schedules
8. Determines appropriate training for employees and by evaluating their skills, abilities, safety practices and behavior to maintain the necessary skills to perform their jobs.
9. Plans the schedules of the staff including assigning work and overtime as required to meet maintenance needs.
10. Ensure the application of the plant’s rules, policies, and health & safety protocols during maintenance procedures to minimize injuries and lost time incidents.
11. Provide ongoing maintenance support to the plant for all shifts. Must be willing to work weekends and after hours for supervision of emergency repairs as needed.
12. Ensure that Maintenance department tools and equipment are in good working condition and that adequate stocks of consumables are maintained to allow maintenance activities to occur as scheduled.
13. Continuously seek ways to improve the maintenance of the plant.
14. Willingness to provide coverage during off-shift hour and weekends as required.
• 5+ years of mechanical repair and maintenance experience • Prior supervisory experience preferred • Prior experience working with food and beverage machinery and equipment • Demonstrated ability to lead others with or without direct authority • Working knowledge of a CMMS system • Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word and Outlook • Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing situations • Ability to perform tasks that include walking, climbing equipment, working within confined spaces and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs. • Ability to troubleshoot electrical controls systems • Ability to communicate thru the plant e-mail system • Ability to TIG and MIG weld
• Associate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technologies (preferred) • HS diploma and Vocational training
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.