Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
The responsibilities of the Maintenance Inventory Purchasing Coordinator will include:
• Support all procurement and logistics efforts during the plant construction phase.
• Coordinate all MRO activities to ensure timely and cost-effective purchasing and receipt of necessary equipment and supplies to ensure continued operations.
• Create purchase orders for the acquisition of equipment and materials.
• Research, interview, and negotiate with suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
• Reviews orders for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with existing policies and procedures and ensures all purchasing procedures and guidelines are followed.
• Expedite equipment and supplies and follow-up with shipping and warehousing vendors.
• Provide routine administrative support.
• Administer maintenance stockroom, manages VMI, maintain inventory levels, requisition, receive of inventory and perform heavy data entry tasks.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within maintenance industry. • Proficient in electrical and mechanical terminology. • Intermediate skills in personal computers, data entry, email, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel. • Able to work independently with little direct supervision. • Good interpersonal and clear communication skills. • Minimum 5 years’ experience in a maintenance shop and manufacturing environment. Food & Beverage industry is preferred. • CMMS maintenance software and ERP (Microsoft Dynamics) purchasing software experience a plus.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. • Bachelor’s Degree in business related field is preferred.
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.