Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
The responsibilities of the Lead Process Engineer will include:
• Responsible for the safety and quality stewardship of production and sanitation team members.
• Support the daily and long-term production objectives of all products ensuring all are produced efficiently, timely, and in accordance to Freshpet quality standards.
• Validate, Monitor, and Verify processes to ensure operations meet all industry and regulatory standards in safe, cost effective, and efficient manner.
• Address production issues and deliver corrective action to include safety, quality, GMP, sanitation, work standards, and product formulation. Partner with R&D, Maintenance, Procurement, HR, and Training departments for direction and guidance as necessary to develop a collaborative solution set.
• Maintain current thorough knowledge of the factory and its systems with purpose to become the sought-after expert for the process.
• Become subject matter expert and develop exceptional understanding including a strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and product formulation. Demonstrate ability to leverage this understanding to solve challenging technical problems.
• Support process design or production environment leading to execution of engineering projects from concept development through commissioning and life cycle improvements.
• Building process flow diagrams and process & instrumentation diagrams, as well as building mass-energy balances for processing.
• Develop process control narratives, Sequence of Operations, and working closely with controls engineers to design and implement control systems to ensure safe and efficient operation of complex process systems.
• Must participate as an active team player and motivated individual searching knowledge, continuous improvement processes, and safer work conditions.
• Must be open to and comfortable with change.
• Ability to work all shifts (nights) and days (weekends) of week as required
• Willing to travel occasionally
• Perform other duties as required
• Minimum 3 years engineering experience in a process development or manufacturing environment; preferable in a food manufacturing facility. • Familiarity with Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques • Firm understanding of the sanitation process in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility • Knowledge and understanding of the importance of interactions between ingredients and equipment • Strong analytical, written/verbal communications, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well across all levels of the organization. • Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required • Higher education and specialized experience preferred • Evidence of leadership and decision-making ability; technical troubleshooting skills.
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.