Pet Inspired. Employee Owned.
Make food that makes pets happy.
When we founded Freshpet, it was an opportunity to build something new. An innovative place to create the most real, fresh food for pets. A way to let employees own part of the company where they work. And a setting where each day is another chance to be inspired and do what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Are you ready to start fresh?
Being the market leader in fresh, refrigerated pet food and growing in excess of 25% year over year is exciting and exhilarating. Freshpet is in a continual state of transforming our business by adding new manufacturing lines, new manufacturing locations, new product forms, new integrated business systems, and re-engineering our business process to ensure they are high-performing, robust and efficient.
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing IT infrastructure in support of Freshpet, reporting directly to the Head of IT. The focus areas for this role will be in the design and deployment of infrastructure at the new plant in TX, support of the development of an infrastructure strategy to prepare for business growth, and the identification and implementation of process improvements to drive efficiencies within the team. On a day to day basis, this position will serve as the team technical lead who will provide guidance to a team of systems engineers and IT administrators to ensure proper ongoing support of on-premise and cloud environments, reporting of metrics on IT operations, network administration across HQ and plant locations, end user services, while ensuring changes and upgrades to our systems are properly planned and executed in accordance with standards and procedures.
• Lead infrastructure planning and execution for new plant in TX
• Support development of strategy to design, architect, integrate, and acquire new infrastructure technology to support growing business
• Responsible for ensuring overall management of IT infrastructure, data center operations, and associated staff assigned to support infrastructure and their environments according to best industry practice and standards, procedures, cyber security standards, regulatory and audit requirements, and IT strategy.
• Provides leadership and coaching to IT Infrastructure team
• 8+ years of work experience managing IT infrastructure teams and environments • Experience supporting server and desktop virtualization infrastructure, networking (WAN/LAN, ACI, NAC), firewall, cybersecurity tools, Active Directory, IPS/IDS, SPAM filters, Certificate Authority • Experience designing various elements of an infrastructure based on business requirements • Experience in both managing infrastructure as well as designing and building strategy around the scaling of an infrastructure • Experience leading and growing an infrastructure team of engineers and administrations • Experience in managing an operation including daily monitoring, alerts, and reporting, asset lifecycle management, and disaster recovery • Ability to create system diagrams using Microsoft Visio, presentation materials using Microsoft Power Point, and project plans using Microsoft Project • Desired experience in “greenfield” design of infrastructure for new manufacturing facility • Highly adaptable to working in fast-paced, high growth environment • Proven interpersonal and communication skills, with a high capacity to not only manage change, but influence and lead others through change. Able to successfully communicate across technical and non-technical users. • Ability to work with technical subject matter experts to compile accurate and complete information as needed, as well as gather information across cross functional disciplines to create concise summaries
• Degree or an advanced degree from a 4-year college or university (Computer Science or a related curriculum)
• PTO • 10 company paid holidays. • Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits • Company paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Company paid Short/Long term disability • Option for Employee paid Basic/Accidental Life insurance • Option for Employee paid Short/Long term disability • 401K – with up to 4% company match • Flexible Spending account • Restricted Stock Units • Tuition Reimbursement
We are Freshpet, a team of pet parents, pet lovers, and other folks dedicated to doing what’s best for Pets, People, and Planet. Our home office is in Secaucus, NJ. Our kitchen locations are in Bethlehem, PA and Ennis, TX. And our heart is in our work: Preparing the finest food for dogs and cats using only fresh, natural ingredients. We are growing in popularity, impact, and size by doing things the right way. The Freshpet way.
Freshpet embraces diversity and is an EOE/M/F/Disabilities/A/Veterans employer.